Monday, October 12, 2009

CONFESSIONS OF LADYCAT3 FOR DUCKIE CLUB


You can imagine how surprised I was when @Jazzydacat asked to interview me for the Duckie Club! I was honored and thrilled. I’ve never been interviewed before, except at the Shelter when someone dropped me off. Dat was a sad day, so I don’t remember much about dat interview.

Meowie and I talked it over and decided it was a good time to “come clean” with who I really am. We thought instead of a formal interview, maybe it was a good time to really tell my story. I hope I don’t lose any followers over dis – but you see – I’m a BOY – not a GIRL! The whole scam started (not on purpose) when Meowie and her friends were discussing Twitter one morning and they all wondered what it was all about. M got curious and went exploring in January. Well, to get on Twitter, you have to provide something called a User Name. All she could think of was Ladycat3. Twitter accepted the name. Not knowing what to search for, she searched for CATS (her first love). Well, that’s all it took. Next thing you know M and I are tweeting. Pretty soon the picture went up. Once she was accepted and tweeted, she didn’t know how to get out of the Ladycat3 mode. She also never dreamed I would have that many followers in such a short time span. The more followers I attracted, the harder it became to tell the truth. So, @Jazzythecat’s request for an interview seemed like the purrrfect time to tell the truth. Jazzy had a good laugh when M emailed the idea to her. Now I’ve opened a new account in my name Mariodacat, so please follow me there. My name is really Mario– not Maria or Mary. (M probably should have let me open up the original Twitter account and we wouldn’t be in this mess!) M will keep Ladycat3 to use as a second account for pawparties, when needed, so don’t unfollow dat one please.

Editor’s note: **Since writing , Mario and Meowie haz decided to turn @Ladycat3 into @Mariodacat so dat dey do not lose followers. . Da changes shoulds all be done by Wednesday**

I was adopted by Meowie and Dad October 15, 2008 at the age of 3. I actually chose them. They had to put their Misty down about 2 months earlier. They couldn’t stand the empty house with no animal in it. They chose a Saturday to go “shopping” for a cat. Well, the minute they walked into the cat room at the Shelter, I walked right up to dad and started purring and rubbing up against his leg. He picked me up and said to mom “how about this one?” M liked me and petted me, but she also had her eye on Princess, my calico roommate (the snob). Well, it took 3 visits to the shelter, but they finally adopted me on October 15, 2008 because I was so friendly. Finally, my charm won them over! One of these days, I’m going to create a Blog and tell my life story, but I’ve already used up too much space by “coming clean” about not being a girl. As of this writing, Mama_Gerbil and her daughter, and now Jazzy were the only ones who knew the real story. Now everyone will know, and I feel so much better! I am a Boy – a Mancat really!

My new family likes to buy new things for me even though there are lots of toys left from Misty’s days. So one day Meowie was on Twitter and saw all the kitties with their Duckies. She thought it was so very cute and ordered one from @BabyPatches’ mama’s store. I was so excited when it came because it was my first piece of mail. I do love my duckie and nap with him quite often. I’m not into catnip really, so my peeps had to take the stinky stuff out – now I love the duckie. I just call him “ducky the duck”. Not very original, but it’s what I like to call him. Notice I said HIM! He’s looking very beat up because he lets me do almost anything with him. Sometimes he’s tied to a string and dangled above me so I can bat him. Sometimes he’s dragged on the floor so I can chase him. He never complains and just keeps on loving me back. I love my duckie and love being part of the Duckie Club.

Love you all,

Mariodacat (formerly Ladycat3)

7 Comments:

Backcountry Brodie said...

Shocking I tell you, shocking revelashun! But I totally understands how that can happen. It was so big of you to come clean so we knows who you rilly is! Glad to be your fwend Mario da MANCAT!

placidkath said...

We are very glad that you "came clean"..MOL We still want to be your friends. You are still a very nice kitty. And Mario is a very manly name.
The Meow Girls

Mr. Breeze said...

Iz sure glad you went behind the barn wif @rumblepurr insted of wif me! MOL!

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

BUT!! BUT!!! BUT!!!! You are a BOOTIFUL LADY CAT!!! How can this BE?!?

My world is in turmoil. I think I need to lie down. Or maybe eat some treats. Oh I just don't know anymore.

*RUMBLEPURR*

Manxington said...

Mario?!? OMC! I and GrimyDuck are floored - but glad u came clean. Well Done Fledgling!

Lisa , Madison and Abigail said...

We love you no matter if you have "henrys" or "suzies" is the character of the cat that counts! love your story, so glad to know you on Twitter.

Lisa, Madi and Abi

Isa said...

wow, dis a gr8 story, good on u Mario! xox

Post a Comment

THE DUCKIE CLUB ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO