Sunday, June 7, 2009

WELCOME!

What Ho!

Most of you litter box bound felines and carnivorous canines know me from twitter as @Manxington, along with my dashing and soggy toy- Grimy Duck. I suppose in all fairness I should mention my Valet, Jeeves. Jeeves is a good servant - brings me warm milk and ginger snaps before bedtime.

I shall now inform you on how The Duckie Club was hatched! I came into possession of my duckie about 3 years ago. Grimy Duck is both my pal and my pillow. After receiving so many inquisitive tweets about my rather ducky duckie, I started to wag the ol' chin as to the when, where, and how to educate kitties about obtaining one of these fine toys.

You see, they have catnip pouches (remind me of teabags) that come in refills, so the nip is niptasticly fresh! Grimy Duck has never ripped! Not one limb, no sign of stuffing, and no matter how hard I try when I play with him-I can't get the catnip slot open. Believe me, I've tried!

Then the noodle began to cook with the temperature set to bringing together the new feline fledglings. Eureka! The Duckie Club was born. To become a member of The Duckie Club you need to waddle up a hill while balancing a tray of toast on your head... Just kidding :)

1) Grab a duckie
2) Name your duckie
3) Take pic w/ your duckie (anipals only...sorry humans) and these photos must be rated G ( family show and all)
4) Post the pic on a web based page like www.twitpic.com for all to see.
5) Send the pic URL via twitter to @Manxington and @Shawneeshep (Shep is the Duckie Data Diva who takes care of the Member Roster page.
6) If for some reason you no not wish to be in the Duckie Movie - just say the word.

Ta Dah! You are in The Duckie Club! YAY!


You may use any kind of duckie. For those of you who are in need of a bird, you can check out "Where to get a duckie" page. There you will find out how your duckie purchase can help shelter kitties.

My KONG Dr. Noys duckie comes with Catnip refills and you can buy extra refills (look like tea bags). I've tried the loose stuff - go with the refills if you have carpets or if your human puts your toys in the washing machine because you can take the refill out.

To see which of your anipal friends are in the club check out the Member Roster.

Well, it's time to give the paw a rest. Until next time fellow fledglings!

Manxington
Founder of The Duckie Club

4 Comments:

Your Daily Cute said...

This duckie club is such a cute idea... @PimpTheCat has a ducky! I'll get a picture with him and it. :)

SylvieDog said...

This is the cutest club on the planet! Thanks so much for letting me sneak in with my canine self and my rubber ducky pal, Cookie. Love you, kitties!

FRUGALDOUGAL said...

I am gonna have to get mai pals Zack and Millie some of these Duckies they want to be in your club Manxington. It is a great idea for a club.

KritterKondo said...

very nice job on the Blog Manxy! *highpaw*
So looking forward to the Duckie Club!

Madi & Abi
Kritter Kommunity, home of The Kritter Kondo
http://krittersthattwitter.com

Post a Comment

THE DUCKIE CLUB ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO